Internal Medicine in Mt. Kisco and Westchester County, NY
Achieve Ideal Health through Expert Internal Medicine
Adults can experience various medical conditions as they age. These health issues, along with excess weight concerns and an increasingly sedentary lifestyle, can lead to more serious, even life-threatening concerns over time. The internal medicine professionals at Dr. Briones Medical Weight Loss Center in Mt. Kisco, NY, are here to help. We offer expert diagnosis, treatment, and prevention for a broad array of adult medical conditions, as well as supplemental weight loss programs to help you live healthier. Together, we can minimize the impact harmful health conditions can have, achieve your unique health goals, and develop a customized plan to keep you healthy for life. Contact us today to schedule your next appointment.
What Is Internal Medicine?
Internal medicine examines and treats health conditions in adults. It combines the best of both worlds in the medical field, blending the analytical examination of laboratory science with the necessary compassion, understanding, and expertise of adult medicine. Our internists look at the systems in the body as a whole. They see how they rely on one another to function and how each one can fail. From simple illnesses to complex diseases, our practice has the knowledge, tools, and technology to diagnose a broad range of overlapping conditions then treat them using internal medicine’s best techniques. Contact us today to learn how we can help you.
What Do Internists Do?
Internists are physicians who specialize in internal medicine only. They have board certifications to treat adults and have completed a 3-year internal medicine residency in addition to graduating from medical school. Typically, internists who finish their residencies specialize in other internal subspecialties, such as long-term chronic illnesses, Type 2 diabetes, heart disease, and others. Dr. Briones Medical Weight Loss Center employs a team of the very best internists, so you know you are getting the excellent care you deserve. Contact us today to learn more about our internal medicine treatment options.
What Conditions Do Internal Medicine Doctors Treat?
Finding the proper internal medical treatment depends on many factors. Health history, genetics, lifestyle, and nutrition all have their part to play. Moreover, many internal medical conditions are the result of a weakened or failing system inside your body. Because your body is a series of codependent functions, illness in one area can cause a domino effect, sending your health into a tailspin if left untreated. Our practice has treatment programs for a wide array of internal medical conditions, including but not limited to:
- Cardiology (Heart Care)
- Critical Care
- Endocrinology (Endocrine System, Hormone Health)
- Gastroenterology (Digestive Diseases)
- Oncology (Cancer Care)
- Geriatric Medicine
- Hospital Medicine
- Sleep Medicine
- Infectious Disease
- Sports Medicine
- Nephrology (Kidney Health)
- Hematology (Blood Health)
- Pulmonology (Lung Care)
- And more
Why Choose Internal Medicine?
An internist at Dr. Briones Medical Weight Loss Center makes an ideal choice for your physician, whether you are fighting a disease or healthier than you have ever been. From minor pains to the most complex health issues, our internal medical staff provides the most comprehensive care there is. Even other physicians call upon our internists to lend their expert opinion on, particularly complex conditions. However, there are other advantages to expert internal medicine as well, including:
- Precise Diagnosis: Internists deal with a wide variety of potential diseases. However, our internists specialize in subareas, such as cardiology, immunology, and gastroenterology. These specializations make them uniquely qualified to give a trusted, expert diagnosis and develop a customized treatment plan. Our internists also refer their patients to other doctors and communicate very well for a streamlined level of care.
- Preventative Care: Internists go further than just disease treatment. They strive to understand the underlying causes of a condition and create a prevention plan to better treat the underlying symptoms. Patients at risk of disease can make their appointment with our internists and develop a long-term plan to keep them healthy before seeing any signs of illness.
- Effective Treatment: Internists at Dr. Briones Medical Weight Loss Center go through years of dedicated training to offer the most effective treatments possible. They undergo residencies to gain the right experience other physicians do not have and make recommendations others cannot. This ability helps to save time in getting treatment and can be the deciding factor in saving patients’ lives.
- Quality Communication: Doctor/patient relationships are built on trust. Open and honest communication is a significant factor in building that trust. At Dr. Briones Medical Weight Loss Center, our internists communicate consistently and well with you, our valued patient. We answer questions, advise on the best course of medical treatments, and make referrals to other specialists if the need arises.
Contact Dr. Briones Medical Weight Loss Center for Ideal Internal Medicine
Your medical care depends on your unique needs and history. No matter your condition, our internal medical experts have the training and expertise to diagnose your condition, develop precise treatment plans, and prevent your affliction from returning using today’s top medical methods. Contact Dr. Briones Medical Weight Loss Center to schedule your appointment and let us help you stay healthy for life.